Fun Gets Done

October 28, 2013
By

Fun work? Isn’t that an oxymoron? What do you guys think? I’d love to hear from you.

The kickstarter is doing well! %180 funded!

If you haven’t pledged yet, consider donating to the five dollar tier– you can get a digital copy of the book which will include three extra essays that will never appear online!

Previous Next

14 Responses to Fun Gets Done

1. Dennis on October 29, 2013 at 1:10 am

I can’t make any sense of “We assume work is inherently hard, but what if work just hard to make into something fun.” And the preferred form of the idiom is “every once in a while” (rather than “and”).

• stephen on October 30, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Yeah, I need to add that extra “is”– corrections on the way.

2. Jon Letonek on October 29, 2013 at 5:53 am

Hey, I love seeing these comics. They always help me up off the ground when I’m feeling mellow and unmotivated. Thanks for sharing some of that wisdom with a young growing artist. It’s helped me keep going.

BTW, saw you when you Skyped Bryan Ballinger’s class this last spring.

Anyway. Keep on keeping on.

• stephen on October 30, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Thansk Jon!

Cool! You know Bryan?

3. Aviv on October 29, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been struggling lately and it’s killing me… creatively speaking.
    So how do you make it fun? I literally can’t wait to see your next installment. I need it.

• stephen on October 30, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Great question! The next essay is about… [spoilers] …gamification!

4. herro on October 31, 2013 at 2:34 am

You should make a podcast! Or give advice while you draw videos!

• stephen on October 31, 2013 at 8:21 pm

That’s a great idea– I’ll think about it.

• Djampatuan on July 24, 2015 at 8:16 pm

After research a nuembr of the blog posts in your web site right now, and I enjoy your own method of blogging. We bookmarked this to my personal save website listing and will probably be checking again soon. Please check out my personal web page as nicely as well as let me know what you believe.

5. Mitzi P. Delima on October 31, 2013 at 3:17 am

it’s sad that I can’t pledge using paypal :(

• stephen on October 31, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Don’t worry– once the kickstarter is over I’ll be putting the book up for sale on doodle alley and you’ll be able to purchase with paypal then.

6. Janina M. on November 2, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I love this comic… It motviates me right now to clean up my living room. We have move in this apartment so everything is in this room… Phu… And I think: Oh my god… How can this be fun. Than I remind myself: I always have fun to tidy up with the soundtrack of “Blues Brothers” in extreme loudness. Happily we have no neighbours, so I can do it and got a lot in no time… Yay… And I dance totally crazy… Happily noone can see me…

(please overread my mistakes in this language… I was always bad in this subject in school and this is not my main language – of course not…)

• stephen on November 4, 2013 at 5:57 pm

That’s awesome! Music is a great way to make things fun. Thanks for sharing!

7. mismoniker on December 12, 2013 at 2:27 pm

My parents were more of the second scenario. Even today the life and career advice they give are variations of that. Wow. I just realised some things about how I’ve been living my lifeā€¦